These sales techniques are a selection of those taught in our sales training courses.
We use the term, 'Sales Techniques' to describe things you can do to improve communication and increase influence in selling situations.
Skills and methods employed for communication, online posting, email exchanges, and conversations are listed here. Skills and methods for problem solving, planning, and organisation are are discussed elsewhere on this site.
We have divided this overview into four sections.
Online Selling Techniques
- How to find and track particular individuals online.
- How to locate the online forums and discussion groups that the right particular people frequent.
- How to establish credibility in an online forum without bragging and even without a record of performance.
- How to obtain an introduction via known and unknown intermediaries.
- How to transition the unacknowledged dialogue from a virtual setting to a real exchange
Email and Letter Selling Techniques
- Staying in touch with a large number of professional contacts
- How to use a story to engage attention.
- How to use a compelling example to engage attention.
- How to provoke an internal discussion of your solution, as a means of gaining attention.
- How to choose exactly the right time to make an approach.
- How to make persistence easy to persist with.
Telephone Sales Techniques
- How to get any gatekeeper on your side.
- How to get the attention of the most scheduled and sceptical prospect.
- How to turn around fob off objections.
- How to turn around real objections.
- How to build rapport with listening skills.
Face to Face Selling Techniques
- How to make and excellent first impression, every time.
- How to establish rapport quickly.
- How to engender trust quickly.
- How to uncover the real issues a customer is grappling with.
- How to have the customer do the selling.
- How to find out what customers are prepared to spend, when they don't want to tell you.
- How to gain the cooperation of someone who is blocking access to key decision influencers.
- How to avoid the loss of access once a proposal or quotation is submitted.
- How to read peoples minds.
- How to turn around closing objections.
- How to negotiate terms.
Selling is about helping others do what they want to do rather than getting them to buy things they don't need.
Ask yourself the question, "am I doing what I most want to do right now?"
Sometimes the answer might be 'yes'. More often, it is likely to be 'no'.
Salespeople who can help others get more of what they want, do more of what they want to do, or be more like the person they want to be, adds real value and the same logic is multiplied where the entity is a business or an organisation.
Those who use their influence and ability to persuade as a means to help people achieve more of what they set out to, need not ponder the ethics of using sales techniques.
If you are searching for new selling techniques or ways to develop sales skills, we can help. Telephone +44 (0)1392 851500. We will be pleased to learn about your needs and talk through some options. Alternatively Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org for a prompt reply or use the contact form here.