Selling to the government and winning more public sector sales. Responding to government PPQs, RFIs, RFPs, and tenders to win more government contracts.
Governments spend vast amounts of money procuring goods and services. Complex rules dictate their buying process to ensure that taxpayer’s money is spent wisely, yet some suppliers perform much better than others do. Selling to the government is a complex challenge.
Offering the best value does not always lead to a contract. Because of the intricate procurement procedures imposed on government users and their suppliers, even the best salespeople may not be equipped to excel in the Public Sector.
Selling to the Government is an advanced training course that deals with the written and unwritten rules affecting those who sell to national and local governments. It addresses challenges faced and provides methods and tools for winning more government tenders.
- Understand procurement rules
- Create relationships that add value to the bid process
- Identify the right opportunities
- Learn to influence the decision
- View the process from the evaluator’s perspective
- Learn how to maximise response scores
- Exploit procurement rules to gain competitive advantage
- Understand how and when to challenge the procurement team
- Counter competitive initiatives
- Retain influence after the bidding process begins
- Anticipate the negotiation process
Who Should Attend: Salespeople who are transitioning from the commercial sector, or who are beginning a public sector sales career. Experienced sales people who need to increase win rates or want to refresh their knowledge. Sales managers taking over responsibility for selling to government. Bid managers and other support staff involved in selling to government or preparing bids will also benefit. Delivery Options
- One to One - Individuals participate through a series of interactive online sessions with the coach. Participants can be anywhere in the world providing there is a good internet connection and they have an access device such as a laptop computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Live Online Groups - People from the same team or organisation can gather in one room or join from any location and participate through an internet session. Groups in the same room can get the benefits of a classroom session by using a data projector to be projected the coach screen. Participants can be anywhere in the world with access to the internet. Ask about live online group session fees.
- Traditional Classroom - The programme delivery takes place over one or more days at a conference venue or at the customers offices. This is effective for four or more participants. Ask about trainer present classroom session fees.
Use this link for more information or to have us call you.
Licensing and train the trainer options enable self delivery. To find out more, call or use the links below. Associate and Affiliate representation welcomed. To promote or deliver this course, get in touch directly.
If you are looking for training in selling to the government or need to win government tenders, our public sector sales course offers a flexible and reliable solution. Telephone +44 (0)1392 851500. We will be pleased to learn about your needs and talk through some options. Alternatively Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org for a prompt reply or use the contact form here.