Evaluating sales performance when results fall short of expectations.
Sales managers must ensure their team delivers. When targets are missed, evaluating sales performance and identifying the underlying cause becomes an urgent priority.
Sometimes external causes are obvious and their impact affects everyones results. At other times, the performance of some individuals is below par. It is important to quickly understand if the dip is circumstantial or because of some particular shortcomming on the part of the sales person.
For new salespeople who are still learning, or where an unproven territory is involved, it can be very difficult to understand the root cause of a shortfall.
Left alone, things might turn around without intervention however, sales managers must answer the inevitable questions from above.
They will be asked why the shortfall occurred. External circumstances and events are rarely accepted as justification.
Admitting internal issues prompts the question, "What are you doing about it?". Having good answers to the secondary question is important.
Evaluating sales performance from the skills, knowledge, and motivation perspectives can help. Our assessments can be used to evaluate sales performance without having the salespeople concerned, take the assessments.
Managers can complete the assessments from the perspective of those they know well, to reveal avenues for corrective action.
Identify the easy ways to increase effectiveness and performance. Eliminate or minimise weaknesses and discover new ways to deal with obstacles. Evaluating sales performance offers an analytical approach for diagnosing sales issues.
The assessments use competency based statement techniques that reveal skills, abilities, habits, and practices. There are no psychometrics involved. The approach is transparent and easy to understand for both assessed and assessors. The evaluation questions provide a comprehensive appraisal resource.
Optional grading or validation of assessment results offers confidential consultant feedback.
Assessments for Benchmarking Practices and Evaluating Sales Performance
- Sales Operations Planning Assessment
- Sales Management Practices Assessment
- Sales Skills Assessments
- Sales Knowledge Challenge
- Work Motivators for Sales People
Assessment and Validation Benefits
- Customer facing staff are prompted to examine their strengths and weaknesses. They learn about strengths and address weaknesses and discover learning strategies. Improvements feed through into increased results.
- Managers acquire a structured, factual, non judgemental set of performance appraisal questions that support effective feedback and coaching.
- Feedback and site resources present development recommendations. Managers gain resources that support coaching and can be used to begin making improvements immediately.
- Managers gain an additional means of measuring staff effectiveness. Results alone don't provide improvement indicators.
- Self-assessments and reviews help managers and participants complete performance appraisals.
- Having new-hire prospects complete assessments reduces hiring mistakes. Interviewers can use the review tools to guide interviews and ensure that abilities are carefully and objectively assessed.
Assessment and Validation Applications
Maximising Sales Productivity and Results
Assessment results help managers move team performance towards the optimum by providing specific, evidence based pointers for improvements.
Guidance for Individual Development
Assessments identify and quantify opportunities for development. Scores provide a sound base for individuals and their managers to discuss and prioritise a development plan that will lead to increased competence, rising performance, and personal growth.
Training Needs Analysis
As a means to determine training priorities, the assessments and reviews eliminate the guesswork and provide a quantitative and qualitative evaluation of strengths and weaknesses.
Recruitment and Selection
Testing is a practical means for improving hiring consistency and reducing hiring mistakes. Having candidates take assessments provides feedback that can be used to guide an interview. Reviews provide a set of supplementary questions that reveal skills, habits, and competence.
Giving People the Right Assignments
The assessments deliver a practical and efficient way to answer the question, "Who is most suited for a particular assignment"? No two opportunities or customers are the same. Making assignments based on individual suitability offers another way to maximise team productivity.
If you need to evaluate sales performance, develop sales staff or increase sales effectiveness, we can help. Telephone +44 (0)1392 851500 for more information about our performance appraisal questions. We will be pleased to learn about your needs or talk through some options. Alternatively, send an email to email@example.com for a prompt reply or use the contact form here.