On-the-job actions that improve sales skills, increase knowledge and expand abilities.
Use this resource together with the sales skills assessment to improve skills without taking time out for training.
Follow the links that correlate to strengths that you want to enhance or weaknesses that you want to address. Then review the development actions. List those you want to make use of and then prioritise your list to create an action plan.
Act on the plan immediately to initiate the habit of working on your abilities. Investing in yourself is the is greatest investment that you can make. Your abilities are the one thing that is not affected by luck, circumstances, or outside events.
- Easy ways to gain in-depth knowledge of products, services, and solutions.
- How to increase ability to differentiate products, services, and solutions from those of other suppliers.
- What you need to know about customers who make use of the products, services, and solutions sold.
- Quickly improve written communication skills.
- Ways to become a star at presentations and public speaking.
- Amplify ability to sell value.
- Enhance listening and mind reading skills.
- Ask questions that expand minds and reveal secrets.
- Improve cold reading skills.
- Create better first impressions.
- Control nonverbal communication.
- Gain rapport, trust, and alignment faster.
- Have people change their mind or position on anything.
- Obtain willing co-operation and help from anyone.
- Persuade people to do things they do not want to do.
- Always have enough sales leads and opportunities to achieve a set sales target.
- Easily initiate an authentic sales conversation with new contacts.
- Have professional contacts introduce you to key people.
- Qualify prospects without calling them.
- Qualify for the value that you can deliver.
- Know your chances of winning any particular sales opportunity.
- Learn to discover the customer's preferred choice.
- Gain in ability to change the customer's preferred choice.
- Know when to bring a sale to its natural conclusion.
- Master sales negotiations.
- Improve forethought, planning, and preparation.
- Anticipate and prepare for divergence and the unexpected.
- Increase use of proven process and frameworks.
- Find solutions to difficult problems.
- Learn effective problem solving methods and techniques.
- Predict the outcome of events and actions.
Get the entire collection of over 100 hyperlinked on-the-job actions that improve sales skills. The Sales Professionals Toolkit includes our sales skills assessment, hyperlinked to learning solutions.
If you need to improve sales skills and methods, accelerate learning, or start a performance improvement programme, we can help. Telephone +44 (0)1392 851500. We will be pleased to discuss your needs or talk through some options. Alternatively send email to email@example.com for a prompt reply or use the contact form here.