Methods and skills key account management training program for those with management responsibilities for established or strategic large customer accounts.
Most companies depend on repeat business from important customers to maintain business health. Key account management becomes a critical function when success and sometimes survival depends on regular high value orders from strategic accounts. This key account management training program provides skills and methods for elevating standing, strengthening relationships, and maximising sales.
Key Account Managers must do more than service an account to realise a good return on the long term investment in major account relationships. They must establish regular communication with those who make executive decisions.
In addition to establishing trusted advisor status with key executives, key account management must develop and maintain a perception of strategic value. Otherwise, sooner or later the business will be lost to a competitor or eliminated by an unexpected executive decision.
Key Account Management Training Objectives
- Extend customer business understanding
- Establish high level trusted advisor status
- Understand customer politics and organisational dynamics
- Learn to predict organisational change
- Expand relationships across divisional and departmental boundaries
- Improve team communication and reduce or eliminate mistakes
- Establish or develop strategic partner status
- Increase certainty and forecast accuracy
- Maximise share of mind, sales revenue, and profit
- Anticipate and counter the efforts of competitors
- Reduce sales cycle times
Key Account Management training helps account managers maximise sales opportunities and protect business from competitors.
Throughout the course, participants apply principles and methods to real account situations and develop a unique account plan that guides ongoing use of learning in the workplace.
Learn new ways to maximise customer benefits, address all the possible business, keep competitors out, and gather invaluable feedback. Establish personal status as a trusted advisor and organisation status as that of strategic partner.
Who Should Attend:
Experienced key account managers (also referred to as global account managers, strategic account managers, and major account managers) and people in their support team. Others who regularly participate in key account sales including line managers, bid team members, marketing, and technical staff.
- Flexible multi session 'learning by doing' structured training
- Workplace assignments develop new habits and practices
- Tools, templates, frameworks, and examples save time and aid learning
- Common language improves communication and teamwork
- Promotes adoption of 'best practice' habits and methods
- Increases sales productivity, consistency, and results
- Improves job satisfaction and motivation
- Reduces staff turnover
- Materials with Unlimited Email Support - Download the materials, tools, templates, and other resources. Study the presentations and exercises as desired. Email your nominated instructor with any questions. Most support requests are answered within a few hours. Answers are guaranteed within two business days. £95 + VAT if applicable. Optional ad-hoc one-to-one coaching available.
- Self Led with Unlimited Telephone Support - View and download the course presentation, tools, templates, and other course resources. Study the materials and complete the exercises in your own time. Arrange calls with your nominated instructor to ask questions. Calls can be scheduled by email or text. £395 + VAT if applicable.
- One to One - View and download the course presentation, tools, templates, and other resources. Arrange one-to-one coaching sessions to explore the material. Apply learning through on-the-job assignments. Coaching continues until the participants are satisfied with their learning progress. Session last one hour and are scheduled to suit participant needs. £995 + VAT if applicable.
- Virtual Classroom - People can gather in one room or join from any location and participate in a virtual classroom. Groups in the same room can get the benefits of a classroom environment by using a data projector or large screen and a video conferencing microphone. Sessions lasting up to 90 minutes are £595 + VAT for up to five people. Presented materials, tools, and templates are included.
- Traditional Classroom - The programme delivery takes place over one or more days at a conference venue or at the customers offices. This is effective for three or more participants. Contact us for fees.
Use this link for more information or to have us call you.
Licensing and train the trainer options enable self delivery. To find out more, call or use the links below. Associate and Affiliate representation welcomed. To promote or deliver this course, get in touch directly.
If you are looking for a key account management training program or need to protect major account business, we can help. Telephone +44 (0)1392 851500. We will be pleased to discuss your needs or talk through some options. Alternatively Send email to email@example.com for a prompt reply or use the contact form here.